SD Fly rides FAQs
Questions? We’ve got lots of answers below! You can also give us a call or reach us HERE on our contact page.
About our eBikes
An eBike is a bicycle equipped with a small and quiet electric motor.
Since electric bikes require no fossil fuels, they're super Quiet, Clean, and Green!
Instead of a gas motor, electric bikes use a battery to supply power to the motor.
Everyone! There’s a huge variety of people who love eBiking. They are a fun and useful upgrade for anyone who feels comfortable riding an acoustic bicycle, and our most frequent customers are:
• Mountain bikers who want a bigger sandbox and uphill flow!
• Good citizens that want an eco-friendly way to get around
• Yacht captains
• RV explorers
• College kids with tight schedules and huge campuses
• Anyone without a car or driver’s license
• Urbanites who don’t want to find and pay for parking
Some ways our super stoked customers use their electric bikes:
• Running errands
• Joy riding
• Shredding some singletrack!
Most eBike employ one of two types of motor assist.
• Pedal Assist: We mostly carry Pedal Assist eBikes, where you are still a part of the action! The motor kicks in when you pedal, and you pick your level of assist from the motor. The best eBikes have torque sensors that respond to how hard you press the pedals, creating a natural feeling of cooperation between you and the motor.
• Throttle & Go: On eBikes with throttles, the rider doesn't need to pedal. Keep in mind that these eBikes typically have a much shorter range.
Mostly because they’re crazy fun! They're particularly great if you have an injury, a long commute, or just don't want to be worn out and sweaty when you get where you're going. If you feel a need for speed, you’ll be amazed at how fast and how far you can go with a motor on board.